“But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8
My heart for Courageous Motherhood was born out of the love I have for the four souls God has seen fit to place in my care. I am ferociously protective of their hearts and minds. I long to raise world changers. I long to be one myself. I am a Bible believing, counter-culture Mom. I am not here to tickle itching ears, but to lovingly proclaim the truth of God’s Word. I pray every day that I would be intimately aware of what God has for me. I long to be courageous in every part of my life. I am a sinner saved by grace. I want you to see my failings, and my victories! My grammar will not always be correct and my punctuation is never perfect, but that doesn’t matter to me. My desire is to share my heart. I am not perfect. However, I believe that our imperfections should not be an excuse, but rather an opportunity for God to change us into the women, wives and mothers He has called us to be. We live in a critical time. If our children don’t carry Christ into the next generation, then it is truly lost. We are raising kids, for such a time as this.
A Little About Me!
- I am not afraid to be different, because who wants to be like everyone else?
- I am not afraid to homeschool, because I want my children to learn through life and not from behind a desk.
- I am not afraid to be frugal, because I want more than to live paycheck to paycheck.
- I am not afraid to cook from scratch and love it, because feeding my family is more than just putting food on the table.
- I am not afraid to keep a clean and orderly home, because a home should be a sanctuary and a respite for all who enter.
- I am not afraid to unashamedly love and care for my husband, because he is an amazing and Godly man.
- I am not afraid to shop at garage sales, thrift stores and occasionally curbside, because one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
- I am not afraid to say “no” to credit cards, because I don’t want to be any man’s debtor.
- I am not afraid to confess Jesus, because he has changed my life and guides me everyday.
- I am not afraid to cut coupons and shop the sales, because a penny saved is a penny earned.
- I am not afraid to drive an older vehicle, because it’s paid for.
- I am not afraid to take my kids to the playground, because it’s free.
- I am not afraid to discipline and sometimes deny my children, because I want them to be givers and not takers.
- I am not afraid to tell you the truth, because we all need a reality check from time to time.
- I am not afraid to be courageous, because courage takes guts.